View Publish Status of Entries/Assets in Publish Queue
When the Content Manager publishes an entry and/or asset, the system puts the action into a publish queue. Publish/unpublish activities in this queue are performed one at a time, almost at a high speed. This eliminates the need to wait for an entry to be published before moving on to the next item. You can keep publishing items and let the system manage the queue.
Note: When working within a specific branch, you will be able to view publish details of entries and assets in the queue specific to the branch. For example, if you are working within the development branch, you will be able to view the publishing details specific only to the development branch. Refer to our Branch-specific Modules document for more information.
- Click the Publish Queue icon on the left navigation panel. You can use the shortcut key “alt + P” for Windows OS users, and “option + P” for Mac OS users to access Publish Queue.
The details include time, entry, content type, version, language, user, environment, and status. You can also apply filters to the list and refine results based on the status, environment, publisher, language, content type, and date range.
Note: You can view the publish logs for the activities performed on entries and/or assets of your stack in the last 30 days.
Publish Status for Nested Reference Publishing
For Nested Reference Publishing, you can view all your publish logs within the Publish Queue. When you bulk-publish entries, you get to see the status of all items in your bulk job in the Summary column.
The following are the common statuses displayed in the Summary column:
- Published: The number of items published in the bulk job
- In Progress: The number of items that are in-progress within the bulk job
- Failed: The number of items that were not published in the bulk job due to errors
- Approval(s) Pending: The number of item(s), within the bulk job, that needed approvals
- Skipped: The number of items that skipped publishing since they were already published in the specified environment(s) and locale(s)
Note: You cannot cancel individual items within a scheduled publish job. You can only cancel the whole publish job.
Publish Status Icons
Whenever you publish an entry or an asset, Contentstack attaches a publish status icon to the corresponding publishing environment for that item on the entries list page. This publish status icon either appears in the form of an "i" icon or a "clock" icon. The i icon either appears in green or orange color. Each color indicates specific information about the publishing status of the entry or asset in that specific environment.
Let us understand what the different colors of the publish status icon (i) stand for:
- Green: It indicates that the latest version of the entry has been published to the specified environment
- Orange: It indicates that an older version of the entry has been published to the specified environment
The "clock" icon appears in gray color, and indicates that the entry has been scheduled for publishing at a later time.