Once you create an entry, you can publish it to one of the available publishing environments.
To publish an entry log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the steps given below. If you're already on the entry page, proceed to step 2.
- Go to your stack, and click on the CONTENT tab on the header.
- Open the entry you want to publish, and click on Publish at the bottom of the page.
- In the Publish Entry modal, under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s), select the environment(s) and the locale(s) to which you want to publish the entry.
Note: At any time, you can select only 50 environments and 50 languages to publish a single entry. However, for publishing localized entries, the limits differ.
Warning: When you publish the master language entry, the unlocalized/localized versions of that entry will not be published automatically. You need to manually publish the unlocalized/localized entry versions, if required.
- Under Publish, you have two sub-options – Now (to unpublish immediately) and Later (to unpublish at a later date/time that you provide).
When you select “Later”, a group of options appear asking you to select the Date and Time of publishing, and the Time-Zone.
If you select a time zone that follows daylight saving time (DST), you will see a help text at the bottom of the dialog that highlights the effective publishing date, time, and timezone. When set, Contentstack will automatically publish the content at the specified time along with DST adjustments.
Note: The DST time difference is one hour.
- Confirm your settings by clicking the Publish button again.
Alternatively, you can also publish an entry for the list page. To do so, perform the steps given below:
- Hover on the entry that you want to publish, click on the three vertical ellipses (the “More Option” icon) that appear on the extreme right corner, and select Publish
- Pass the environment(s) and locale(s) under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s).
- Under Publish, select either Now (publish immediately) or Later (at a later date/time that you provide).
- Confirm your action by clicking on Publish.
In this video, we'll see how to publish an entry of My first news article to an environment immediately, as well as at a later time.
Tip: You can also publish entries in bulk.
Publish referenced entries
When publishing an entry, if there are any unpublished (draft) entries or assets referred within the entry, an alert message will be displayed that will list out all the unpublished entries and assets.
You can choose to publish the entry with or without publishing all the referred entries/assets.
It is recommended that you always publish the entry along with its references. If you publish the entry without publishing the references, the referred items will not be displayed in the published entry on the specified environment.
To publish an entry via API, refer to the Publish an entry API request.