You can remove an asset from your web/mobile property by unpublishing it.
Additional Resource: If you want to know how to Publish Assets, read our extensive documentation where we have covered the process in detail.
To unpublish an asset, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the steps given below:
- Go to your stack, and click on the “Assets” icon on the left side of the page.
- Select the asset you want to unpublish and click on the Unpublish icon on the list.
- Under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s), select the environment(s) and the locale(s) from which you want to unpublish the asset.
Note: At any time, you can select only 10 environments and 10 languages to publish your asset.
- Under Unpublish At, you have two sub-options – Now (to unpublish immediately) and Later (to unpublish at a later date/time that you provide).
When you select Later, a group of options appear asking you to select the Date and Time of publishing, and the Time-Zone.
If you select a time zone that follows daylight saving time (DST), you will see a help text at the bottom of the dialog that highlights the effective publishing date, time, and timezone. This text specifies that you can unpublish the content at the specified time with DST adjustments.
Note: The DST time difference is one hour.
- Confirm your settings by clicking the Unpublish button again.
Alternatively, you can also unpublish an asset for the list page. To do so, perform the steps given below:
- Hover on the asset that you want to unpublish and click on the three vertical ellipses (the “More Option” icon) that appear on the right corner.
- Select Unpublish and pass the environment(s) and locale(s) under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s).
- Under Publish At, select either Now (unpublish immediately) or Later (at a later date/time that you provide).
- Confirm your action by clicking on Unpublish.
Note: After unpublishing an asset, it will cease to display on your web/mobile property, but this action will not delete the asset from your Contentstack’s repository.
To unpublish an asset via API, refer to the Unpublish an asset API request.
Additional Resource: To know the process of how to Unpublish Entries, read our documentation on it.