To publish an asset, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the steps given below. If you're already on the asset page, skip to step 2.
- Go to your stack, and click on the ASSETS tab on the header.
- Edit the asset you want to publish and click on Publish at the bottom of the page.
- Under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s), select the environment(s) and the locale(s) from which you want to publish the asset.
Note: At any time, you can select only 10 environments and 10 languages to publish your asset.
- Under Publish, you have two sub-options – Now (to publish immediately) and Later (to publish at a later date/time that you provide).
When you select “Later”, a group of options appear asking you to select the Date and Time of publishing, and the Time-Zone.
If you select a time zone that follows daylight saving time (DST), you will see a help text at the bottom of the dialog that highlights the effective publishing date, time, and timezone. This text specifies that you can publish the content at the specified time with DST adjustments.
Note: The DST time difference is one hour.
- Confirm your settings by clicking the Publish button again.
Alternatively, you can also publish an asset for the list page. To do so, perform the steps given below:
- Hover on the asset that you want to publish and click on the three vertical ellipses (the “More Option” icon) that appear on the right corner.
- Select Publish and pass the environment(s) and locale(s) under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s).
- Under the Publish section, select either Now (publish immediately) or Later (at a later date/time that you provide).
- Confirm your action by clicking on Publish again.
You can also publish multiple assets in bulk in multiple languages and in multiple environments.
To publish an asset via API, refer to the Publish an asset API request.