You can add a Brightcove custom field extension to your stack that allows you to fetch Brightcove videos and display them into a field in your Content Type. Subsequently, while creating entries, you can select one or more videos as input value for the field.
This step-by-step guide explains how to create a Brightcove custom field extension for your content types in Contentstack. The steps performed are as follows:
- Add the ‘Brightcove’ custom field extension to your stack
- Use your custom field
Step 1 - Add the ‘Brightcove’ custom field extension to your stack
- Go to Settings > Extensions. Click on the ‘+ Add Extension’ button on the top-right corner and select ‘Create new’.
- Select Custom Field.
- On the configuration page, enter details in the fields as given below:
Click on ‘Save’. This creates your custom field.
- Title: Provide a suitable title. For example, Brightcove.
- Field Data Type: Select the data type in which the input data of the field should be saved in Contentstack. Select 'Text' in this case.
- Multiple: Select this checkbox if you want to enable multiple inputs for the field.
- Hosting method: The hosting method will be set to ‘Hosted By Contentstack’. This option allows the source code for the custom field to be displayed in the ‘Extension Source Code’ field.
- Extension Source Code: Enter the source code for the custom field. You can find the source code for the Brightcove custom field here.
- Config Parameter: Provide values for the config parameters client_id, client_secret, and the key-value pair "grant_type"="client_credentials".
Enter the configuration details in your custom field settings as shown in the example below:
Note: In order to build a sample app, you must create and host your own proxy. You can download the proxies provided by Brightcove.
Note: You can provide different configuration settings for specific instances of your Custom Field Extension when setting up your content type. The configuration that you provide for an instance will only be applicable for that instance and will not affect any other instances of the same custom field extension or any other fields within the same content type. Learn more.
Now, let’s understand how you can start using this custom field in your content type.
Step 2 - Use your custom field
To use your custom field, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Create a content type by clicking on the ‘+ New Content Type’. Enter the relevant details for the content type and click on ‘Create and Add fields’.
This leads you to the ‘Content Type Builder’ page where you can add the relevant fields.
- Add the ‘Custom’ field in your content type. Click on ‘Choose existing Extension’ to select the custom field you added in the previous step.
- Select the custom field from the dropdown and set the other properties of your custom field.
Note: You can provide specific instance-level configuration settings for your Custom Field extension. Learn more.
- After adding other relevant fields in your Content Type, click on Save and Close.
This will create your Content Type. Now you can use the custom field while creating an entry for this Content Type as shown below: