Publish an Asset
Additional Resource: You can also refer our documentation on how to Publish Entries.
To publish an asset, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the steps given below:
- Go to your stack, and click on the “Assets” icon on the left navigation panel. You can also use the shortcut key “A”(for both Windows OS and Mac OS users) to access the assets menu.
- Select the asset you want to publish and click on Publish button.
- Under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s), select the environment(s) and the locale(s) from which you want to publish the asset.
Note: At any time, you can select only 10 environments and 10 languages to publish your asset.
- Under Publish, you have two sub-options – Now (to publish immediately) and Later (to publish at a later date/time that you provide).
When you select “Later”, a group of options appear asking you to select the Date and Time of publishing, and the Time-Zone.
Note: The publishing date cannot extend beyond 12 months when scheduling an asset publish.If you select a time zone that follows daylight saving time (DST), you will see a help text at the bottom of the dialog that highlights the effective publishing date, time, and timezone. This text specifies that you can publish the content at the specified time with DST adjustments.
Note: The DST time difference is one hour.
- Confirm your settings by clicking the Publish button again.
Alternatively, you can also publish an asset from the list page. To do so, perform the steps given below:
- Hover over the asset that you want to publish and click on the “Publish” icon.
- Select the environment(s) and locale(s) under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s).
- Under the Publish section, select either Now (publish immediately) or Later (at a later date/time that you provide).
- Confirm your action by clicking on Publish again.
Note: Once an asset is published to the production environment it will be accessible publicly whether or not it is referenced in an entry. We recommend not publishing any sensitive assets to a production environment until you are ready to use them.
You can also publish multiple assets in bulk in multiple languages and in multiple environments.
To publish an asset via API, refer to the Publish an asset API request.
Additional Resource: To understand the process of unpublishing assets, refer our documentation where we have covered this in detail.