To generate a permanent URL for an asset, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack and click on the “Assets” icon from the left navigation panel.
- On the Assets page, open the asset to view its details.
- Then, click on the Generate permanent URL link and enter a unique identifier (slug) for the permanent URL.
Warning: You can generate the permanent asset URL and update the asset details only once. Once done, you can no longer make changes to the permanent URL.
- You can click on the "Pencil" icon beside the permanent URL to edit the slug before you save the changes to the asset.
Note: The maximum number of characters you can enter as a slug for the permanent URL is 255 characters.
- Click on the Save button to update the asset.