To view the log of a webhook, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack, navigate to the “Settings” gear icon, and select Webhooks.
- Click on the webhook to view its details. On that particular webhook page you will notice two tabs: Edit (to view/edit its settings) and Logs (to view its log).
- Click to open the Logs tab. Here you will view the following details:
- WEBHOOK CALLED AT: Specifies the latest time when the webhook was triggered. Hover over the displayed time to get the actual triggered time.
- CALL STATUS: Specifies the status of the triggered webhook whether it was successfully triggered (denoted by status code - HTTP 200) or any error has occurred (denoted by status code - 4XX and 5XX i.e., non 2XX)
In case of a failure or if a session timeout occurs (webhook request timeout is 30 seconds), the webhook will immediately retry to send data to the destination URL again for two more times.
After three unsuccessful attempts, the webhook will not make any further attempts automatically. However, you can trigger the webhook manually at any time by clicking the Retry link.
- To view the details of the webhook call, click on the Call Details link. It will display the Request Details of the webhook call as well as the Response Details received.
Note: In the case of failed attempts, the Response Details section will display no data.
To get webhook logs via API, refer to the Get executions of a webhook API request.