View Webhook Logs
To view the log of a webhook, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack, navigate to the “Settings” icon (press “S”) on the left navigation panel, and select Webhooks (press “alt + W” for Windows OS, and “option + W” for Mac OS).
- Click the webhook to view its details. On that particular webhook page, you will notice two tabs: Edit Webhook (to view/edit its settings) and Log (to view its log).
- Click to open the Logs tab. Here you will view the following details:
- Time: Specifies the latest time when the webhook was triggered.
- Action: Specifies which action triggered the webhook
- Module: Specifies in which module the webhook was triggered
- Title: Specifies the title of the module that triggered the webhook.
- Call Status: Specifies the status of the triggered webhook whether it was successfully triggered (denoted by status code - HTTP 500) or any error has occurred (denoted by status code - 4XX and 5XX i.e., non 2XX)
Note: You can retrieve webhook log information only for 30 days prior to the current day.
In case of a failure or if a session timeout occurs (webhook request timeout is 30 seconds), the webhook will immediately retry to send data to the destination URL again for four more times. The interval time between two retries increases exponentially according to the retry attempt number.
Note: Contentstack follows an exponential retry policy when any webhook fails to send data to the destination server. Refer to the Webhook Retry Policy section to better understand how retries work.
- To view the details of the webhook call, click the Call Details link. It will display the Request Details of the webhook call as well as the Response Details received.
Note: In the case of failed attempts, the Response Details section will display no data.
To get webhook logs via API, refer to the Get executions of a webhook API request.