Add Entry/Asset to a Release
To add an item to a release, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack and open the entry or asset that you want to add to a release.
- Click on the “More options” button (three horizontal dots) located on the top right corner of the page, and select the Add to Release option.
- In the Add to release window, you will get following options:
- Create new release: Allows you to create a new release by specifying a suitable name and description for it. After entering the details, click Add. This action will create a new release, and add the item to it.
- Choose existing release: Allows you to select an existing release from the menu. You need to select a release from the list, and click Add For Publishing or Add For Unpublishing depending on your requirement. The item will be added to the list.
Note: You can add a maximum 500 items (entries/assets) to a Release. But at a time, you can select and add only 10 items (entries/assets).
Note: You can only add referenced items (entries/assets) linked up to one level of depth along with the current entry to a release.
After successfully adding items to a release, you can deploy the release to an environment.
Note: You can update the release items to their latest versions before you deploy the release. Refer to our Update Release items to their Latest Versions documentation for more information.
Here are the links to the API requests related to this action: