About Nested Reference Publishing
With Nested Reference Publishing, you can publish a single entry or a group of entries, along with all of its nested referenced entries and/or assets, across multiple environments and languages, without the risk of missing any referenced content.
Here’s a quick glance of what you can do with this feature:
- Publish an entry (or entries) with all of its nested references
- Schedule an entry (or entries) for publishing with all of their nested references
- Cancel any scheduled bulk publish activities
Note: Nested Reference Publishing is a plan-based feature. Please contact your Organization administrator to get this feature activated for you.
When you publish your content, Contentstack offers a separate Publish Reference(s) modal where you can view and validate all nested, cross-referenced entries and assets, for all selected languages.
Here are a few updates and benefits of using Nested Reference Publishing:
- It allows you to bulk-publish an entry or a group of entries with nested references, up to a depth of 5 levels, and this level can vary as per your organization plan.
- You can select up to 50 environments and 50 locales to which you want to publish content, and this level can vary as per your organization plan.
- If any included referenced items (entries and/or assets) do not satisfy the publishing criteria related to workflows and/or publishing rules, have insufficient permissions, or are in the in-progress state, the bulk-publish activity will not proceed. You will be able to see the reason why by expanding the tree view in the Publish Reference(s) modal.
- Only the latest version of each selected nested reference item will be sent for publishing.
- You can schedule or even cancel the scheduled bulk publishing tasks with Nested Reference Publishing.
- The new Summary column in the Publish Queue will display the overall status of all items included in your bulk publish jobs.
When working with APIs, you need to pass a new api_version:3.2 header for your request to send nested references for publishing.
- Publish entries and assets in bulk
- Unpublish entries and assets in bulk
- Get publish queue
- Cancel scheduled action
Let's learn how the Nested Reference Publishing feature works.