Deploying a Release means performing the selected action (publish/unpublish) to the items of a Release associated with an environment.
So, for instance, let’s assume that you have added five items to a Release (3 for publishing and 2 for unpublishing). When you deploy this Release, the three items added with the publish action will be published, and the two with the unpublish action will be unpublished, all at once.
To deploy a release, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack, and click on the “Releases” icon on the left navigation panel. This opens the Releases page where you can see a list of existing Releases in the stack. You can also use the shortcut key “alt + R” for Windows OS users, and “option + R” for Mac OS users to access Releases.
- Select the Release you want to deploy, and click on the Deploy button located at the top.
- In the Deploy Release window, you will get the following options:
- Select Environment(s): Choose the environment(s) on which you want to deploy the release.
- Deploy: Select if you want to deploy the Release Now or Later.
If you select Now, Contentstack will immediately deploy all the added items on the specified environment.
If you select Later, you need to specify the date and time at which the Release should be deployed, along with your time zone.
- Finally, click on Deploy.
Warning: Once you deploy a Release on an environment, the items are locked. This means that you cannot add/remove items from this Release. You can, however, deploy items to another environment (or redeploy on the same environment) or clone the Release.
To deploy the Release via API, refer to the Deploy a Release API request.