Note: By default, the Owner, Admin, and Developer roles have the right to update a workflow in the stack.
To update a workflow, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack and click the “Settings” icon (press “S”) on the left navigation panel.
- Select Workflows (press “alt + F” for Windows OS, and “option + F” for Mac OS).
- Under the Workflows tab, you will see a list of existing workflows. Click on the workflow you want to update.
- Make necessary changes to your workflow. For example, you can change the name or description, choose a different content type, remove a content type, add or remove workflow stages, etc.
- To edit workflow stages, click on the “Edit” icon of that stage and make changes as needed.
- If you no longer need a workflow stage, click on the “Delete” icon.
- Once you have made the changes, click on Save.
After updating the workflow, the new changes will be reflected in the entries of the corresponding content types.
To update a workflow via API, refer to the Add or update workflow details API request.