To create a new stack, perform the following steps:
- Login to your Contentstack account and navigate to the organization in which you want to create a stack.
- Click on the + New Stack button located at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the Create New Stack dialog box that appears, enter the following details:
- Name (mandatory): Name of the stack
- Description (optional): Relevant description for the stack
- Set Master Language (mandatory): Select a master language that you want to set as the primary language of the stack
- Click the Create button.
You can create as many stacks as needed.
Note: At any given point of time, an organization user can create only one stack per minute.
Additional Resources: You can have a look at our list of guides under Create Content Types section that covers how to create a content type, what fields you can add, what field properties you can apply to them, field visibility rules, content type labels, and other actions.
Let’s assume that we want to create an online news site that publishes latest news regularly. So, we will create a corresponding stack in Contentstack named My News. Let’s have a look at a short video that shows how to create this stack.
To perform the create action via API request, refer to the Create a Stack API request