Bynder is a cloud-based platform that benefits marketing teams to create, find, and use digital content. Marketers use this platform to collaborate throughout the organization and to produce and review new marketing content with great ease.
With Marketplace, you can easily install the Bynder application and use it within your stack to fetch and display assets from Bynder in your entries.
This step-by-step guide explains how to install and configure Bynder in your stack.
Steps for Execution
- Get your Bynder Organization URL
- Install and Configure Bynder in Contentstack Marketplace
- Use Bynder within your Stack
Get your Bynder Organization URL
To configure the app, you need to create an account in Bynder. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Go to https://www.bynder.com/en/ and create a new account. It is recommended to use the partnership account by purchasing the license. The free trial account won't work as expected.
- To get your Bynder organization URL, please refer to the Get a Personalized URL for your Bynder Portal document.
Install and Configure Bynder in Contentstack Marketplace
To install the application in Contentstack, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Contentstack account.
- On the left-hand side primary navigation, you will find the Marketplace icon (as shown below). Click on the icon to go to the Marketplace.
- Within the Marketplace, you will be able to see all the apps available, hover over the Bynder app and click on Install App.
- On the next screen, select the stack where you want to install the Bynder app and click on Install.
- On the Configuration page, enter the Bynder Organization URL you retrieved from Bynder in step 1, and click on Save.
- Click on Open Stack to start using the Bynder application.
Use Bynder within your Stack
To use the Bynder application in an entry of your stack, follow the steps given below:
- Go to your stack and click the “Content Models” icon on the left navigation panel, and click on the + New Content Type button.
- Create a content type by adding relevant details and click on the Save and proceed button.
- In the Content Type Builder page, add a Custom field in your content type by clicking on the “Insert a field” link represented by a + sign.
- Under Select Extension/App, select Bynder and click on Proceed.
- After adding the app, click on either Save or Save and Close to save your changes.
- To use the Bynder app, create an entry for the above content type, and you will see the Bynder custom field in your entry page as shown below:
- Click on + Choose Asset(s) button. A selector page opens with the domain name entered in the configuration. After clicking on the Connect button, you will be redirected to a login page where you need to enter your Bynder login credentials.
- Login to your Bynder account and select assets to add in your entry as shown below.
- The assets you select are referenced within your entry.