To add a Global field to your content type, perform the following steps:
- Go to Content > Content Types.
- When you hover on the content type that you want to edit, on the extreme right side, you will see the 'More Options' icon (three vertical dots). Click on this icon and select Edit Content Type to open the Content Type Builder page.
- Click on the Global field option or drag and drop the field from the Fields list displayed at the left-hand side.
- To modify the properties of the Global field, click on the field bar and navigate to the Edit Properties form that opens up on the right-hand side.
- From the Select Global Field dropdown, select Address. You will notice that the Address field, which now looks like a Group field, has been added to your content type scheme with the required sub-fields.
Note: You can add a maximum of 5 Global fields in a content type. Check out other limitations of Global fields in the Limitations section.
The “Global” field possesses certain properties that you can change anytime as per your requirements. The properties that can be modified are “Display Name,” “Unique ID,” “Instruction Value,” “Help Text,” and “Options.” Read more about these properties in the Field Properties section.
Note: Any changes made to the Global field, its subfields or its properties will be reflected in all the content types where the Global field is being used.