- Go to the stack that holds your Global field, and click on CONTENT to display your available content types.
- Hover over the content type that you want to edit, click on the “More Options” icon (three vertical dots) at the extreme right, and select Edit Content Type.
- Click on Global under the Fields option on the left or you can drag and drop the field from the list.
- To modify the properties of the Global Field you added, click on the field and go to the Edit properties form that opens up on the right-hand side.
- Click on the Select Global Field dropdown and select Address. You will notice that the Employee Address field, which now looks like a Group Field, has been added to your Content Type scheme with the required sub-fields.
- From the Select Global Field dropdown, select Address. You will notice that the Address field, which now looks like a Group field, has been added to your Content Type scheme with the required sub-fields.
Note: You can add a maximum of 5 Global fields in a Content type. Check out other limitations of Global fields.
The Global field possesses certain properties that you can change anytime as per your requirements. The properties that can be modified are “Display Name,” “Unique ID,” “Instruction Value,” “Help Text,” “Multiple,” and “Non-localizable.”
Note: Any changes made to the Global field, its subfields or its properties will be reflected in all the content types where the Global field is being used.