Unpublish an Entry
You can remove an entry from your web or mobile property by unpublishing it.
Additional Resource: To understand how the process of publishing works, make sure you refer our guide on how to Publish Entries.
To unpublish an entry, log in to your Contentstack account and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack and click on the “Entries” icon on the left navigation panel. You can also use the shortcut key “E”(for both Windows OS and Mac OS users) to access entries.
- Open the entry you want to unpublish and click on the Unpublish button located at the bottom of the page.
- Under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s), select the environment(s) and the locale(s) from which you want to unpublish the entry.
- Under Unpublish At, you have two sub-options – Now (to unpublish immediately) and Unpublish Later (to unpublish at a later date/time that you provide).
When you select “Later”, a group of options appears asking you to select the Date and Time of publishing and the Time-Zone.
Note: The unpublishing date cannot extend beyond 12 months when scheduling an entry unpublish.If you select a time zone that follows daylight saving time (DST), you will see a help text at the bottom of the dialog that highlights the effective publishing date, time, and timezone. This text specifies that you can unpublish the content at the specified time with DST adjustments.
Note: The DST time difference is one hour.
- Confirm your settings by clicking the Unpublish button again.
Alternatively, you can also unpublish an entry for the list page. To do so, perform the steps given below:
- Select the entry that you want to unpublish.
- Click on the Unpublish button on the top.
- Select the environment(s) and locale(s) under Select Environment(s) and Select Language(s).
- Under Unpublish, select either Now (unpublish immediately) or Later (at a later date/time that you provide).
- Confirm your action by clicking on Send.
Note: After unpublishing an entry, it will cease to display on your web/mobile property, but this action will not delete the entry from your Contentstack’s repository.
Additional Resource: You can also refer our documentation on how to Unpublish Assets where we've covered the process in detail.