If you have the required permissions, you can add languages to your stack to create and publish entries in multiple languages.
You can either add a language from our list of supported languages or create a custom language of your choice.
To add a language, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack, navigate to the “Settings” gear icon at the top, and select Languages. You will see the default master language along with other added language(s).
Note: Apart from the master language, you can add/remove the other languages.
- Click on the + New Language button located at the top-right corner of the page. The Add Language box opens up, which lets you select from the existing supported language(s) or add a custom language.
- Keep the Add Supported Language option selected to add any one of the existing supported languages. To create and add a custom language of your choice, select the Create Custom Language option.
- To add a supported language, select the required language from the list of available languages in the Select Language menu. The selected language’s code will appear.
Note: The combination of language code and locale or country code should be unique across the stack.
Conversely, to add a custom language, enter the language name and code as per your choice.
Note: The minimum character length of a language code is 2, and the maximum character length is 12.
- In the Select Fallback Language menu, select the fallback language for the newly added language.
- Click on Add.
Note: Once generated, you cannot modify a custom language code.
To add a language in your stack via API request, refer to Add a language API request.
After adding the language in the stack, the content manager can add an entry in the specified language or create localized entries.
Note: The Content Manager can view or create content in multiple languages only for the languages that are added to the stack by the Admin/Developer.