Optimizely App Installation Guide
Optimizely is an experimentation and optimization platform that enables businesses to conduct A/B tests and personalize digital experiences. It helps organizations analyze and improve website and app performance by testing different content variations and targeting specific audience segments, ultimately enhancing user engagement and conversion rates.
Contentstack Marketplace lets you install the Optimizely application and use it within your stack to fetch and display audiences from the Optimizely account within your entries.
- Optimizely account
- Contentstack account
- Access to the Contentstack Organization/Stack as the Owner/Admin
Let's follow this step-by-step guide to install and configure Optimizely within your stack.
Steps for Execution
- Retrieve Credentials from Optimizely
- Install and Configure the Optimizely app in Contentstack Marketplace
- Use the Optimizely app within your Stack Entry
Retrieve Credentials from Optimizely
To get the credentials for Optimizely, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to the Optimizely account using your Optimizely account credentials.
- Go to your Optimizely project, click Settings from the left navigation panel, you will get the Project ID under the Snippet Details heading.
- To get the Access Token, click Profile in the bottom-left navigation panel. Now go to the API Access tab, and click the Generate Access Token button.
- In the Generate New Token modal, enter the Token name, select the User email id, and then click the Create button.
- A new token will be created. Copy and paste it to your clipboard as it will only be visible once.
- Save the Project ID and Access Token to use in Step 2.
Install and Configure the Optimizely app in Contentstack Marketplace
Follow the steps given below to install the Optimizely app in Contentstack.
- Log in to your Contentstack account.
- From the left-hand side primary navigation, click the Marketplace icon to go to the Marketplace.
- Click Apps from the left panel.
- Within the Marketplace, you can see all the available apps. Hover over the Optimizely app and click Install App.
- In the pop-up window, select the stack where you want to install the Optimizely app, accept the terms of service, and click the Install button.
- On the Configuration screen, enter the Project ID and Auth Token (Access Token) retrieved from your Optimizely account in Step 1.
- On the UI Locations tab, you can see the predefined app locations. You can use the toggle button corresponding to each UI location to enable or disable it based on your requirements.
- If the webhook is enabled for your app, you can view the webhook logs under the Webhook tab.
- Click the Save button.
- Click Open Stack to start using the Optimizely application.
Additional Resource: For more information on UI location and webhooks, please refer to the Installed Apps guide.
Use the Optimizely app within your Stack Entry
To use the Optimizely application within an entry of your stack, follow the steps given below:
- Go to your stack, click the Content Models icon in the left navigation panel, and click the + New Content Type button.
- Create a content type by adding relevant details as displayed below:
- In the Content Type Builder page, add a Custom field in your content type by clicking the Insert a field link represented by a + sign.
- Under Select Extension/App, select Optimizely, and click the Proceed button.
Change the Display Name of the custom field to your choice, for example, Optimizely Custom Field. Optionally, you can add Help Text and Instruction Value for your custom field. This adds the Optimizely app in the custom field.
- After adding the app in a custom field, click Save or Save and Close to save your changes.
- To use the Optimizely app, create an entry for this newly created content type. To do this, in the left navigation panel, navigate to the Entries page, click + New Entry to create a new entry for the above content type, and then click Proceed.
You can see the Optimizely app’s custom field on your entry page as shown below:
- In the custom field, click the + Add Audience(s) button.
- Select the audiences and then click the + Add Audience(s) button to add the audiences in the entry.
The audience(s) you selected are referenced within your entry:
- Click Save to save the entry.
- Once you publish the entry, you can see the audiences on your website.