Full Page Location
The Full Page UI location is amongst the most versatile UI locations available in Developer Hub, as it allows you to create custom apps that function as separate, independent pages or modules (unlike other UI locations that are restricted to and are part of other modules). This powerful element provides you with a blank canvas, to create, customize and optimize your users stack experience. Examples of this location in action can be viewed through Contentstacks Workflow Board or Calendar apps.
Once you install an app that utilizes a Full Page location, you will see it appear on the main left navigation bar within your stack.
Here’s how you can add the Full Page location to your app:
Via the Developer Hub Console:
To add the Full Page location to your app via the Developer Hub console, log in to your Contentstack account and follow the steps given below:
- Click the Developer Hub icon in the left navigation panel.
- Select an application for which you want to add the Full Page location.
- Click the UI Locations tab. To set the App URL, click the View Hosting Settings link. You will be redirected to the Hosting tab.
- In the Hosting tab, you can select Hosting with Launch or Custom Hosting options. Select the Custom Hosting option to enter the hosted URL of your application. Click the Save button to save your hosting configuration.
- Navigate to the UI Locations tab to configure the Full Page UI location.
- Hover over the Full Page location, and click the + Add button.
- On the resulting Configuration page, set up the configurations for Full Page location by providing details such as Name, Path, Location Icon, and Description. You can also enable the location by default using the Enabled toggle button.
You can configure any UI location as mandatory using the Required toggle. If the toggle is enabled, the location becomes mandatory and cannot be disabled. Whereas, if the toggle is disabled, the UI location is available to use but not mandatory.
Note: The location icon file size must be less than 1 MB and must be in .svg format.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the Full Page location’s configuration details.
You will see the details of the configured UI location on the UI Locations tab in the App Configuration screen after installing the app and will have the option to enable or disable the non-required UI locations.
Apps which have the Full Page Modifier location configured will be visible in the Full Page UI location.
Navigate to the stack. In the left navigation, you will see the installed app in the Full Page UI location.
For example, the Release Preview app i.e., the Calendar app can be viewed in the Full Page location as shown below:
Additional Resources: For more information, refer to the Release Preview documentation.
Note: Contentstack Marketplace currently offers the Release Preview app which can be viewed on the Full Page location. For more information, refer to the Release Preview documentation.