Clone an Automation
You can duplicate an Automation from the Automations page. A copy of the existing automation and all the current configurations is created, i.e., trigger(s) and action(s). Since the original and the cloned Automation are in the same project, they can share important attributes, such as invited users and connected apps.
Creating a duplicate version of an Automation can be useful for a number of reasons:
- You can create a backup of a working Automation in case you need to revert to a previous version.
- You can duplicate a live Automation to make changes and test them in duplicate, then when it is ready to go live, switch them so the updated copy will replace the previous version. This way, you do not have to change a live Automation.
- Suppose you need to create an Automation similar to another one. In that case, you can create a clone of the similar Automation and have a nice starting point from which to begin building your steps.
To clone an Automation, perform the steps given below:
- On the Automations page, click the clone icon you see on an Automation listing.
- On the Clone Automation modal, provide the Automation Name. Once you have updated the details, click Clone.
- You can see the clone created for the automation.
- You can also create a copy of the automation by navigating to the Basic Information page and clicking the Clone Automation button.
In Automation, some steps may appear as tested and untested. If any action has a dependency on the previous step and that step remains untested, then all the subsequent steps become untested.
You can find the dependency by checking the automation step number in the active action step. If the current step fetches value from the untested step, it becomes dependent on the previous step to testify as tested.