You can change the workflow details such as stage, assignee, due date, and comments of multiple entries found in the results of both Basic as well as Advanced searches at once. For example, you can move all the entries that are assigned to the “Draft” stage to the “Ready for Review” stage at once.
Additional Resources: Before you start changing the workflow details for your entries, it would be helpful to learn how to manage Workflows in Contentstack.
To change the workflow details of entries found in your search results in bulk, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the search bar located on the header tab of the Contentstack site and use Basic or Advanced Search based on your requirement.
- From the result set obtained, select the entries where you need to make changes to the Workflow Stage of the entry. Then, click on the Change Workflow Details link that appears on the top, as shown in the image below:
- On the Edit Workflow Settings screen:
- Under Set Workflow Stage, select the stage that you want to set for this entry.
- Set a Due Date for this new stage by using the date picker tool.
- To assign this stage to a user, click on the User(s) field under Assign to, and select the user(s) from the list.
Tip: As soon as an entry stage is assigned to a user, it is added as a new task in the Tasks section of the assignee. Read more about Tasks.
- If you can see a Role(s) field, you can assign the stage to a role.
- Choose to send a notification email to the assignee by selecting the Notify via email field.
- Add any comments in the Add Comment field.
- Click on Update Workflow to change the workflow details of the selected entries.
Note: You can change the workflow stage of multiple entries only if all the entries have been assigned the same workflow stage and are associated with the same workflow.