There are certain limitations that we have applied while using comments. Let’s understand what they are:
- Each field allows only one active discussion, but the JSON Rich Text Editor allows multiple active discussions.
- There can be one active discussion associated with each selected content blocks, texts, and images within the JSON RTE.
- The maximum number of active discussions allowed per entry per locale is 100.
- The maximum number of comments allowed for each discussion is 1,000.
- The maximum message length allowed for each comment is 500 characters.
- You can mention a maximum of 20 users and 20 roles in a single comment.
- You cannot export entry discussions or comments while exporting the entries.
- You cannot view comments for unlocalized or older entry versions.
- You can only add comments to the subfields of “Group” and “Global Fields”, not to the parent field as a whole. Similarly, you can only add comments to the fields present inside each block of a “Modular Blocks” field, not to the parent field as a whole.