Add a Comment
You can start collaborating with your team members by adding comments to fields within your entries. To do so, log in to your Contentstack account and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack and edit an existing entry.
- On the entry page, hover over any field, and click on the “Add comment” icon.
- Enter your comments in the textbox that appears.
Note: The maximum message length allowed for each comment is 500 characters.
- Once done, click on Post.
As soon as you add your first comment for the field, it starts a discussion. You can then add more comments to the discussion, resolve it, and do a lot more. Learn more about “Discussion”.
Note: You can only add comments to the subfields of the “Group” and “Global” fields, not to the parent field as a whole. Similarly, you can only add comments to the fields present inside each block of a “Modular Blocks” field, not to the parent field.
Tip: To be able to add comments to the subfields of a “Group,” “Modular Blocks,” or “Global” field that has been marked as “Multiple,” you need to first enter data in the fields and save the entry.
Add JSON RTE Comments
You can now add comments to specific content blocks, texts, and images within the JSON Rich Text Editors. JSON RTE comments help in better collaboration with other Contentstack users across the content creation and review processes.
To add a JSON RTE comment within the JSON RTE, log in to your Contentstack account and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack, and edit an existing entry.
- Navigate to a JSON Rich Text Editor field and add a comment. Here are some ways to add comments within the JSON RTE:
- Hover over the block to which you want to add a comment and click the “Add comment” icon.
- To add a comment to a text, simply highlight the text and click the "Add comment" icon.
- To add a comment for images, hover over the image block and click the “Add comment” icon.
- Enter your comment in the modal that appears and click Post.
Note: You can have a maximum of 500 characters per JSON RTE comment.