Add Taxonomy to a Content Type
Note: The Taxonomy feature is currently released as part of an Early Access Program and may not be available to all users. For more information, you can reach out to our support team.
Once you have set up your taxonomy, you can add it as a field to your content types and classify your entries.
To add a taxonomy to a content type, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack where you want to add a taxonomy to a content type, and click the “Content Models” icon on the left navigation panel.
- Create a new content type or select an existing.
- In the “Content Type Builder” page, select the fields you want by clicking the “Insert a field” (+ icon) that appears when you hover the cursor.
- Select Taxonomy from the list of fields.
- You can configure the properties of the taxonomy field by clicking the properties (cog icon).
Note: By default, the UID for the taxonomy field is set to taxonomies and cannot be updated.
- Click the + Add Taxonomy button and select a taxonomy from the dropdown menu of available taxonomies within the stack.
- If you want to limit the maximum number of terms for the taxonomy field, enter a number in the Maximum Number of Terms field.
Note: The maximum number of terms allowed per entry is 25.
- You can disable the Optional Field toggle if you want to make this field mandatory.
- Finally, click Apply to add the taxonomy.
Note: You can include multiple taxonomies within a single taxonomy field in a content type.
Once you've added the taxonomy field to a content type, you can begin adding entries and categorizing them using taxonomy.