Limitations of JSON RTE Plugins
Note: Experience Extensions use the legacy approach with extensions. We recommend using the RTE UI Location for the Contentstack App Framework to extend the functionality of your apps.
The limitations of using JSON RTE Plugins are as follows:
- The title you provide for a JSON RTE plugin cannot exceed 256 characters.
- You can add a maximum of 50 extensions (including custom fields, custom widgets, dashboard widgets, and JSON RTE plugins) in a stack.
- The maximum size of the JSON RTE plugin configuration cannot exceed 10 KB.
- The maximum number of JSON RTE plugins that can be added to a single JSON RTE field in a content type is five. This limit is configurable. For more information, contact our support team.
- JSON RTE plugins are loaded in an iframe in sandbox mode for security reasons, keeping the cookies unexposed. However, as popups are allowed in the current sandbox mode, you can open the popup window and access the cookies or storage in the popup window.