Limitations of Custom Fields
The limitations to using custom fields are as follows:
- The maximum size of a custom field file cannot exceed 500 KB
- The title you provide to a custom field cannot exceed 256 characters
- You can install maximum 50 extensions (including custom fields and custom widgets) in a stack
- The maximum size of the configuration file of a custom field cannot exceed 10 KB
- The maximum size of a custom field file that uses JSON Data Type cannot exceed 10 KB
- JSON object key(s) cannot start with a dollar '$' sign or contain a dot '.' character.
- Internally as well externally hosted custom fields are not supported on Internet Explorer and Opera Mini as these browsers lack support for the <iframe> srcdoc attribute. Read more.
- Extensions are loaded in an iframe in sandbox mode for security reason. Hence, the cookies are not exposed. However, as popups are allowed in the current sandbox mode, you can open the popup window and access the cookies or storage in the popup window.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback
More articles in "More about Custom Fields"