When you create or edit a content type, the Content Type Builder page displays an Apply Label link at the top-right corner. When clicked on it, it displays the existing labels, if any.
Note: You can create different sets of labels for different branches of your stack. This means that labels you create within the development branch can be applied only to content types within the development branch. Refer to our Branch-specific Modules document for more information.
To create a new label, log in to your Contentstack account, go to your stack, and perform the following steps:
- Open the Content Type Builder page of the content type where you want to add the label.
- Click the Create Label button on the top-right corner.
- A new dialog box appears to enter the following details:
- Name (mandatory): Provide a suitable name for the label.
- Nest label under (optional): Using this you can nest a label under another existing label. Leave it blank if you are creating a label for the first time.
- To save this label, select any of the following options:
- Create: Allows you to create and save the label for future use.
- Create and Apply: Allows you to create and immediately apply the label on the content type.
Here are the links to the API requests related to this action: