A workflow lets you manage the stages through which your content will move in the content creation process.
Once you are done working on an entry at a particular stage (e.g., “Draft”), you can change its workflow stage (e.g., “Ready for Review”), assign a user to work on the next stage, and even add a due date if needed.
To change the workflow stage of an entry, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the following steps:
- Go to your stack, and open the entry the workflow stage of which you want to update.
- On the entry page, go to the Workflow Details section under the Status panel on the right. You will see the current stage of the entry, along with the stage’s color label as shown below:
- Click on the Change link located beside the workflow stage’s name. This will open the Entry Workflow Settings section with the following sections:
- Set Workflow Stage: Select the next stage you want to set for this entry.
- Set Due Date: Select the due date for the next stage via the data picker tool.
- Assign to: Select the User(s) from your stack to whom you want to assign the next stage. Also, you can select Role(s) to assign the stage to a particular role. If you want to send an email notification to the assignee, check the Notify via Email box.
- Add Comment: Add any comment if you want to send a short description or guidelines to the assignee on what needs to be done in the next stage.
- Finally, click on Update.
As soon as an entry stage is assigned to a user, it is added as a new task in the Tasks section of the assignee.
Additional Resources: You can get familiar with the workflow use cases to learn how to efficiently work with the workflows. Also, you can check out the Limitations and FAQs section.
To change the workflow stage of an entry via API, refer to the Set entry workflow stage API request.