Brightcove custom field extension lets you add Brightcove videos and display them into a field of your content type. Thus, when you create an entry for this content type, you can select one or more videos as an input value for the field.
This step-by-step guide explains how to create a Brightcove custom field extension for your content types in Contentstack. The steps performed are as follows:
- Add the “Brightcove” custom field extension to your stack
- Use your custom field
Add the “Brightcove” custom field extension to your stack
- Go to your stack, navigate to the “Settings” gear icon, and select Extensions.
- On the Extensions page, click on the + Add Extension button, and select Create new. If you have not added any extensions in the stack yet, click on the create a new one link as shown below.
- In the Select Extension Type window, select Custom Field.
- On the Create New Extension page, enter values in the fields as given below:
- Title (required): Provide a suitable title, for example “Brightcove,” for your custom field. This title will be visible when you select the extension in the custom field in your content type.
- Field data type (required): Select the data type in which the input data of the field should be saved in Contentstack. In this case, select Text.
- Multiple (optional): Leave this field unchecked.
- Hosting method (required): Select Hosted by Contentstack as the hosting method for this content type.
- Extension Source Code (required): Specify the extension code here. To get the code, download it from our repository. Copy the code from the index.html file located in the root folder and paste it in the Extension source code field.
- Config Parameter: Enter the configuration details in your custom field settings as shown in the example below:
"client_id": "YOUR CLIENT_ID",
"client_secret": "YOUR CLIENT SECRET_KEY",
"oauthUrl": "ENTER OAUTH URL",
Note: In order to build a sample app, you must create and host your own proxy. You can download the proxies provided by Brightcove.
Save the custom field.
Use your custom field
Once you have added a custom field, you can use it in your content type like any other field. To add a custom field in your content type, perform the following steps:
Create a content type and add the Custom field to it.
Under Select Extension, select the “Brightcove” field that you created and set the other properties. You can add other fields as per requirements
- Finally, click on either Save or Save and Close to save your changes.
- Next, create an entry for this content type, and you will see the Brightcove field in action.