Limitations of Asset Sidebar Extensions
The limitations to using Asset Sidebar Extension are as follows:
- The maximum size of an asset sidebar extension cannot exceed 500 KB.
- The title you provide to an asset sidebar extension cannot exceed 256 characters.
- The width of the asset sidebar extension can range from 335 pixels to 1024 pixels.
- You can install a maximum of 50 extensions (including custom fields, custom widgets, JSON RTE plugins, and asset sidebar extensions) in a stack.
- The size of the configuration file of an asset sidebar extension cannot exceed 10 KB.
- Internally as well as externally hosted asset sidebar extensions are not supported on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge as these browsers lack support for the <iframe> srcdoc attribute. Read more about the browser support for asset sidebar extensions.
- Extensions are loaded in an iframe in sandbox mode for security reasons. Hence, the cookies are not exposed. However, as popups are allowed in the current sandbox mode, you can open the popup window and access the cookies or storage in the popup window.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback