Create a Folder
To organize assets, you can create folders in the ASSETS section of Contentstack. You can maintain your assets in a nested folder structure, which means you can create folders within folders, going up to the depth of five levels.
To create an asset folder, log in to your Contentstack account, and perform the steps given below:
- Go to your stack, and click on the “Assets” icon on the left side of the page.
- Click on the Create folder icon at the top right side of the Assets page.
- In the Create a new folder modal that opens, enter a name for your folder, for example, “Project.”
- Click on Create. You will see a new folder named Project as the first item on the Assets page.
- Click on the folder to open it. You will see two new buttons: Create New Folder and Add New Asset.
- To start adding assets into the folder, click on the Add New Asset button either on the top right-hand side corner of the page and upload your assets.
Note: Maximum 500 folders can be created per stack including nested folders.
To create an asset folder via API, refer to the Create a folder API request.