Introducing JSON Rich Text Editor Plugins for Dynamic Content Experiences
Contentstack constantly strives to improve its user experience so you can manage your content easily and seamlessly. With that goal in mind, we recently introduced the JSON Rich Text Editor that enables structured, rich text content ready to be consumed by any frontend framework.
To further enhance the business user experience, Contentstack now introduces JSON RTE Plugins that let you extend the functionality of the JSON Rich Text Editor to serve your unique business needs while providing a native Contentstack look and feel.
JSON RTE Plugins – What are they?
JSON Rich Text Editor Plugins let you customize, improve and extend the functionality of your JSON RTE. You can add prebuilt plugins available in Contentstack or create custom plugins of your own to integrate with third-party applications.
Traditionally, you would need a custom field to set up the logic to interact with rich text content. With these plugins, you can directly deploy logic inside the JSON RTEs, allowing content managers to get more from their content.
What Prebuilt Plugins Does Contentstack Provide?
Contentstack provides these prebuilt plugins to enhance your rich text editing experience:
- Highlight - Allows you to highlight parts of your content, such as a line of text or a paragraph.
- InfoPanel - Allows you to place important content inside a colored panel to make it stand out.
- Word Count - Allows you to track the word count for your JSON Rich Text Editor content.
After adding the plugins you need, provide the necessary configuration details.
What Are the Use Cases of JSON RTE Plugins?
You can leverage JSON RTE Plugins for a variety of use cases:
- For market segregation: Make content sections visible only to targeted regions and markets.
- For content testing: Test specific paragraphs, sentences or words within the rich text editor to optimize without content duplication using an A/B or MVT testing tool such as Optimizely.
- For personalized experiences: Integrate with third-party personalization engines to adjust the tone of voice or inline content representation depending on the consumer persona.
- For associated content creation: Leverage your content and assets in third-party repositories, such as Digital Asset Management, in line with the rich text editor.
- For design-centric formatting rules: Include styling and layout rules in a format-neutral way.
- For content variables: Create variables representing product or brand names and reuse them across different sections of the rich text content, thus avoiding content duplication.
How to Get Started with JSON RTE Plugins
For example, follow these steps to use the Highlight plugin in a content type:
- Go to your stack, type “C” to open the Content Types list page and select the content type you want to edit.
- In the “Content Type Builder” page, click on an existing JSON RTE field or add a JSON Rich Text Editor field in your content type by clicking on the “Insert a field” (+) sign.
- Under Select Plugin(s), select the Highlight plugin from the pop-up window that appears.
- Once done, click on either Save or Save and Close to save your changes.
- To use the Highlight plugin, create an entry for this content type, and you will see this plugin within the JSON Rich Text Editor on your entry page as shown below:
Do More with JSON RTE Plugins
JSON RTE Plugins is a plan-based feature that is only available in the new Contentstack interface.
With such customized plugins, the possibilities to extend the capabilities of your rich text editor are limitless. Read our documentation on JSON Rich Text Editor Plugins to get started with this feature.
Enhancing digital experiences with the power of personalization
Personalization is tailoring digital experiences and content to individual preferences and needs. It involves analyzing user behavior, preferences, and interests and using that information to provide customized content and interactions. Personalization can take many forms, from personalized product recommendations and emails to bespoke website experiences. Possibilities of personalization Incr
End-of-Year 2023 Platform Recap: Contentstack’s latest innovations and what’s ahead
Streamlined Data Structure with Advanced Taxonomy With Advanced Taxonomy, managing complex data structures is no longer daunting. Particularly beneficial for large enterprises, this tool redefines how content is categorized and retrieved, making data management more intuitive and efficient. It's ideal for sectors like e-commerce and media, where organizing a vast array of products or articles
Latest platform releases: UI updates, enhanced search, expanded Live Preview service, and more
Navigation & layout improvements Data tables for list pages The list pages of all modules now feature newer and more flexible tables, allowing you to adjust and customize your table view to your liking and more easily navigate through data to find exactly what you need. Easy column management: The ability to move, resize, reorder, freeze/unfreeze, and add/remove columns as needed in th
Keys to unlocking global potential with localized digital experiences
In today's interconnected world, businesses are no longer confined to their local markets or within the borders of their home countries. The way brands interact with global audiences has gone through another makeover, all thanks to the digital revolution. With the proliferation of highly personalized digital experiences and globalization, companies increasingly have the opportunity to expand the
Accelerate custom app development with boilerplates
The digital landscape is constantly evolving, and with it, platforms need to offer customizable, adaptable solutions. This is where Contentstack's Developer Hub steps in, especially as it approaches its General Availability (GA) launch later this month. Here, the spotlight is on our app boilerplates – essential building blocks that streamline developing and deploying custom applications that ext