Community Terms of Service
Last Updated: August 2022
Contentstack Community Code of Conduct
This online board is a professional community of Contentstack users of all experience and expertise levels. Our users are from various geographies and cultures around the world, spanning many different industries and job roles. To protect the safety, diversity, and health of our community, we’ve established the following rules that all members of the community (including attendees of our events, participants in the forums and other pages on contentstack.com, also those who engage with us publicly on social media and other public channels) will be held to so that everyone can enjoy a harassment-free experience.
Our goal is to create an environment in which diverse individuals can collaborate and interact in an affirming and positive manner. Examples of behavior that contributes to creating this sort of environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Accepting constructive criticism and helpful suggestions gracefully
- Focusing on what is best for the overall community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Harassment Is Not Tolerated
This community will not tolerate harassment of any kind. Examples of harassment include:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, pregnancy status, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, nationality, immigration status, language, religion or lack thereof, or other identity marker.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, relationships, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering, using inappropriate pronouns, or use of "dead" or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like "hug" or "backrub") without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following - online or in the physical world.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate "outing" of any aspect of a person's identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- Treat every other member of our community with respect. We seek to provide an inclusive and equitable community, full of opportunities for all of our members. Every member should feel safe to contribute, ask questions, and participate in all community events and discussions.
- Actions that would be inappropriate in the workplace are also inappropriate in our community. No harassment, bullying, intimidation, threatening, or abuse of or discrimination against other members for any reason will be tolerated. Posting content of a sexually explicit, racist, sexist, violent, or other inappropriate nature will be removed and the perpetrator will be permanently banned from this site and all future Contentstack community activities and properties.
- Our members come together in the spirit of sharing and mutual benefit. We have a shared interest in each others’ success and should opt for kindness when we encounter disagreement. There are often many different correct or possible ways to do things. If you cannot come to a consensus, agreeing to disagree is often the best course of action in a public forum.
- We welcome new members with the patience and kindness we’d hope for when joining a new group of colleagues. We help them learn the cultural norms of our community and point them to the resources that are available to help them learn and receive support. We encourage new members to try new things, innovate, take risks, ask questions, and fail spectacularly in the graces of a supportive community. To encourage the feeling of safety to explore new ideas, we must all choose kindness in our actions.
In summary, if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all; and, treat others as they wish to be treated.
- Take responsibility for your actions. Check this code of conduct if you are unsure about an action you are considering taking. If you make a mistake, acknowledge it and do your best to correct it, if possible.
Follow Posting Rules and Guidelines.
This is a public community of Contentstack users. In addition to our anti-harassment policies, we have a number of rules regarding content to make sure that everyone is complying with the law and respecting the hard work others put into their content and ideas. Remember that this is a space that is accessible to other Contentstack users outside your team, and the broader public, so be mindful of what you choose to share!
- Do not share private, proprietary, or confidential information. Forum posts are publicly available unless otherwise stated and should not include any individual’s or organization’s sensitive or confidential details. If you need support that will require you to share confidential information about your company, please log into your Contentstack account and contact support via the chat tool or reach out to your customer success manager, if applicable.
- Do not share personal information about anyone without their permission. This includes, but is not limited to, someone’s:
- Full name;
- Contact or location information;
- Sexual orientation or gender identity;
- Medical information or status;
- Other personally identifiable information.
- We advise against sharing any of your own information from the above list in the Online Community. While you have the option of sharing certain information in your profile, by entering it, it may be publicly visible to the community and the broader public.
- Do not share copyrighted material without the consent of the original creator. If you are unsure of the source or the usage license, do not post the content.
- Do not post trade secrets, non-public or proprietary information of your company or others.
- Do not post any content that is obscene, harassing, illegal or promotes activities which are not legal.
- Do not spam. Do not post irrelevant links or third-party advertising without permission from the forum moderators. Any posts like these will be deleted and may result in your community account or posts being suspended.
This list is not exhaustive and these rules will be applied at the sole discretion of the Contentstack team.
Our Community is About Accountability
Treat others as you want to be treated. We encourage enforcement of our Code of Conduct through community vigilance. It is the responsibility of the entire community to maintain the culture and values that we share by helping us to enforce these rules. Our moderation team cannot be everywhere, so we strongly encourage you to report Code of Conduct violations by clicking the Report action on any post on this site, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Protecting the Safety of Our Community Through Enforcement
We value the safety of our members and will do what is in our power to ensure we are maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for all members. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove or limit access to the online community or remove postings at any time, with or without notice, for violation of this Online Community Code of Conduct, violating any other terms or conditions, or any other reason.