About Embedded Entries or Assets within JSON RTE
Contentstack allows you to embed entries and assets within the JSON Rich Text Editor field. Embedded entries and assets are automatically updated within the Rich Text Editor field whenever the source entry or asset is updated.
The JSON RTE field lets you embed entries inline within the flow of text, as a separate content block, or as a dynamic hyperlink.
Here are some real-world scenarios where we use embedded entries:
- Embed entry inline: To pass in some value from a linked entry that might be dynamic, such as a working title or a link that opens a modal popup
- Embed entry as block: To add descriptive image carousels, survey forms, or product listings
- Embed entry as hyperlink: To add a hyperlink in the RTE that changes dynamically whenever any updates are made
In the case of assets, they can be embedded in the JSON Rich Text Editor in two ways, either as a displayable component or as a downloadable file.
Here are some real-world scenarios where we use embedded assets:
- Displayable embedded images: Such assets are dynamically updated in the frontend whenever you make any changes to the source item in the asset manager
- Downloadable Images or Files: Such items are usually PDFs or other reference file formats that come with a handy download link
Note: The option to embed entries and assets within rich text content is available only for Advanced and Custom Rich Text Editor fields. The Basic type of Rich Text Editor does not have this option.