A Contentstack region refers to the location of the data centers where your organization's data resides.
While subscribing to a Contentstack account, you can decide the data center that will host your organization’s data.
Features of Contentstack Regions
- Global Availability
- Independent Data Centers
- Speed and Security
Each data center is installed in a specific region, but it is capable of serving customers across the globe.
For example: The AWS Europe data center is installed in the European region and it is capable of serving customers across all of Europe and other continents.
Independent Data Centers
- Each region is a separate, independent region. Therefore a region doesn't work as a fallback or disaster recovery option for the other.
You can't use a region as a backup of your primary region.
- The data stored in one region cannot be accessed by anyone from a different region.
- You cannot store your organization's content in multiple regions.
For example: If you choose the AWS Europe data center as your region, all of your organization's data will reside in the AWS Europe region
- Each region has its own login URLs and other endpoints.
Speed and Security
- Contentstack regions offer high level of data security and privacy.
- The Contentstack app functions at the optimum level in all the available regions.
Using Regions in Contentstack