Limitations of Global Field
- By default, the maximum number of fields that can be added within the Global field is 100 (staying in compliance with the maximum field limit for content types, i.e. 100).
- The maximum number of Global fields that can be added in a single content type is 25.
- The maximum instance limit set for a Global field that has been marked as "Multiple" cannot exceed 100.
- A content type and a Global field cannot have the same name.
- Nesting of Global field is not allowed. This means that you cannot add a Global field within a Global field.
- Global fields do not support the use of labels.
- Global fields do not support the use of field visibility rules.
- Global fields do not support the use of non-localizable fields.
- Only the stack owner, administrator, and developer can create Global fields.