About Entry Comments
Contentstack’s “Comments” feature allows you to add comments to fields in the entry editor, and collaborate with other Contentstack users across the content creation and review processes. You can add a comment or mention other users using “@” to start a discussion.
To add comments to any field in the entry editor, follow the steps given below:
- Go to your stack, and edit an existing entry.
- On the entry page, hover over any field, and click the “Add comment” icon. Enter your comment in the textbox that appears and click Post.
To add comments within the JSON RTE field in the entry editor, follow the steps given below:
- Navigate to a JSON Rich Text Editor field and add a comment. Here are some ways to add comments within the JSON RTE:
- Hover over the block to which you want to add a comment and click the “Add comment” icon.
- To add a comment to a text, simply highlight the text and click the "Add comment" icon.
- To add a comment for images, hover over the image block and click the “Add comment” icon.
You receive an email and an in-app notification when tagged in any discussion. Clicking on a specific notification will directly take you to the concerned discussion.
Each localized version of an entry can have a set of separate discussions on its respective fields. However, the “Comments” feature is not available for unlocalized or older entry versions.