You can add a custom field extension for Egnyte in your stack that allows you to fetch the files stored in your Egnyte account and display them into a field in your Content Type. Subsequently, while creating entries, you can select one or more files as the input value for the field.
This step-by-step guide explains how to create an Egnyte custom field extension for your content types in Contentstack. The steps performed are as follows:
- Add the ‘Egnyte’ custom field extension to your stack
- Use your custom field
Step 1 - Add the ‘Egnyte’ custom field extension to your stack
- Go to Settings > Extensions. Click on the ‘+ Add Extension’ button on the top-right corner and select ‘Create new’.
- Click on 'Custom Field'.
- On the configuration page, enter details in the fields as given below:
- Click on ‘Save’. This will create your custom field.
Now, let’s understand how you can start using this custom field in your content type.
Step 2 - Use your custom field
To use your custom field, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Create a content type by clicking on the ‘+ New Content Type’. Enter the required details for the content type and click on ‘Create and Add fields’.
This takes you to the ‘Content Type Builder’ page where you can add the required fields.
- Add the ‘Custom’ field to your content type. Click on ‘Choose existing Extension’ to select the custom field you added in the previous step.
- Select 'Egnyte' from the dropdown and set the other properties of your custom field.
- Click on ‘Update’.
- After adding other relevant fields in your Content Type, click on ‘Save and Close’.
This will create your Content Type. Now you can use the custom field while creating an entry for this Content Type as shown below: