Web / UX Designer - US
Location: San Diego, California USAApply Now
Contentstack is looking for a creative Jack or Jill of all trades with a strong eye for design to join its team. The Web/Visual Designer will assist the marketing and creative teams and collaborate with multiple departments within the company, including web developers and content producers to create compelling digital experiences. Projects include designing and creating web pages using HTML/CSS and JS, designing and troubleshooting emails, utilizing current trends in UI and UX standards to support the visual designs, creating/editing Powerpoint/Google presentations, designing ebooks, whitepapers, and sales and marketing collateral, among many other things.
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful designer who listens well, doesn’t take him/herself too seriously, and brings out the best in others.
Who We Are
Contentstack combines the best of Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) technology. It enables enterprises to manage content across all digital channels and create inimitable digital experiences. Contentstack pioneered the headless CMS category and combines content infrastructure with the industry's #1 integration capabilities to deliver a best-in-class Content Experience Platform (CXP). Renowned for earning the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, Contentstack has been recognized as the leading innovator in the Dynamic Experience Management category. The Contentstack platform was designed from the ground up for large-scale, complex, and mission-critical deployments. Recently recognized as the Gartner PeerInsights Customers' Choice for WCM, Contentstack is the preferred API-first, headless CMS for enterprises across the globe. Enterprise customers include Chase, Cisco, Shell, Walmart, Express, Riot Games, IcelandAir, Morningstar, and more.
- Make Contentstack’s website elicit “Oohs” and “Aahs”
- Contribute visual magic to all marketing assets and help maintain brand consistency and customer experience for Contentstack across all external touchpoints, including websites, email, ad creatives, social media, and print collateral
- Optimize the look and feel of our landing pages to increase conversion
- Translate our passion and excitement into the design of our sales presentations
- Get Contentstack noticed in ads that stand out across social and display channels
- Create unique co-designs merging Contentstack branding with that of our partners for joint campaigns
- Make sure Contentstack turns heads at events by designing booths, popups, and event materials
- Help us find ways to leverage design to solve business issues
- Assist in post-production and editing of photos and videos
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in design, in an agency, in-house, or freelance capacity
- Strong eye for design and web aesthetics
- Must have knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and Angular JS in addition to web design experience
- Knowledge of and experience with UI/UX design principles and current trends
- Must understand design for responsive development
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience with design applications and prototyping tools like Sketch App, InVision, and Zeplin a plus
- Video/animation editing skills and technical proficiency with Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro a plus
- Knowledge of print production a plus
- Understanding of CRO tactics a plus
- Fast learner, collaborative team player with a bias to action
- Self-motivated and self-directed with good time management skills
- Eager to leverage design to solve business issues
What We Offer
- Interesting Work: This is NOT your boring, routine, cushy, rest-and-vest big company job. This is the “challenge yourself” kind of job where you learn something new every day and never stop growing.
- Compelling Comp: This isn’t rest-and-vest. This is #sweathardretireyoung. Competitive compensation, bonuses and a corporate equity plan reward hard work and high performance.
- Bragging Rights: We work with the most prestigious brands, from big name retailers, to airlines, to professional sports teams. Your contribution will make an impact with many of the most recognizable names in almost every industry. From the Miami HEAT to Dreamforce to Vegas – our team gets backstage access that will make your friends FEEL the FOMO.
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter checks, etc. – we’ve got you covered.
- Entertainment: With spontaneous office happy hours to organized team outings (Karaoke, Escape room, Wine tasting), we don’t think you’ll ever be bored.
- Nice People: We have a “no a**hole policy”. We only hire nice people who treat each other with respect. We are ONE team and act as such. Everyone here has a memorable story about how a colleague (or the company) went above and beyond to support them in a time of need. As a result, people genuinely like each other and we have folks that work remotely and fly in (or drive several hours) just to hang out with their colleagues / friends.
- Seat at the Table: We do not believe in artificial hierarchies. If you’re part of the team, you get a seat at the table. This includes unfiltered access to our C-Suite and regular updates about the business and its performance. Which, btw, is through the roof, so it’s a great time to be joining…