Testing Sales Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California, USA or RemoteApply Now
Contentstack is looking for a stellar Sales Engineer to join our winning sales team!
Our Sales Engineers perform a pivotal role in all of our most high profile deals and are so much more than just an assist to sales! You must be completely comfortable with end-to-end pre-sales skills and an expert at qualifying and managing opportunities alongside an Account Executive. You have incredible listening skills and build trust and “wow” stakeholders with your ability to translate client business needs into functional and technical requirements. If this sounds like you and you want to grow, learn and delight our customers with awesome technology along the way, we might just have your next dream job for you!
Who We Are
Honored with the prestigious “Cool Vendor” award by Gartner and named the most innovative company in its category by Aragon Research, Contentstack has set sights on enabling the future of digital content management. We are taking on traditional CMS vendors to become the preferred platform for enterprises creating next-generation digital experiences. Having secured its first ever round of funding, Contentstack is now looking for high performers who can accelerate its growth from fast to lightspeed. Contentstack is led by the same Dream Team that built the award-winning Built.io platform and brand which was recently acquired by digital transformation powerhouse Software AG.
- Provide overall pre-sales leadership and support for new and existing customers.
- Actively participate in client meetings and presentations with Account Executives to identify technical requirements.
- Confirm that Contentstack meets a prospect's requirements and provide technical expertise to the overall sales qualification process.
- Articulate and demonstrate solutions, influence customer's technical requirements, and position products relative to the competition.
- Ownership of all pre-sales documentation and technical lead on client proposals and questionnaires, such as RFIs, RFPs and SOWs.
- Communicate new and trending client needs and potential, emerging market opportunities to product and engineering teams and influence product roadmaps.
- Listen to and make it a mission to thoroughly understand what a customer is trying to achieve. Never pre-suppose or assume an answer or pre-determine solutions.
- Work with Account Executives, Engineering and Customer Support teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers.
- Ideate, create and demonstrate relevant product use cases and meaningful client scenarios featuring Contentstack to prospects and customers. Basically, your demos are jaw-droppers.
- Help customers design and identify POC’s and provide support throughout the evaluation process.
- Travel, as needed, to industry events, prospects and partner sites.
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge.
- Work with the implementation partners throughout the sales process and assist with documentation to successfully scope and size client engagements that include a combination of Contentstack and partner technologies and services.
- Proven track record of selling, building and deploying technology solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and broker communication between different parts of a client’s or prospect’s organization. Translate between business and technical discussions.
- Comfortable with enterprise SaaS sales processes and tools.
- Expert in SaaS business applications, CMS, marketing automation, business analytics.
- Experience designing and presenting technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical sales support experience.
- Dedicated follow-through and accountability, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; professional presentation skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Natural multi-tasker and inherent grace under pressure. Not fazed dealing with tight deadlines. Can-do attitude!
- Quick to pick up and understand new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or equivalent four year college technical degree.
- 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer.
- Experienced with the content management industry is a big plus.
- Knowledge of APIs, microservices and popular web technologies is must.
What We Offer
- Interesting Work: This is NOT your boring, routine, cushy, rest-and-vest big company job. This is the “challenge yourself” kind of job where you learn something new everyday and never stop growing.
- Competitive Compensation: We reward your hard work and high performance. #sweathardretireyoung.
- Bragging Rights: We work with the most prestigious brands, from big name retailers, to airlines, to professional sports teams. Your contribution will make an impact with many of the most recognizable names in almost every industry. From the Miami HEAT to Dreamforce to Vegas (!) – our team gets backstage access that will make your friends FEEL the FOMO.
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter checks, etc. – we’ve got you covered.
- Entertainment: With spontaneous office happy hours to organized team outings (Karaoke! Escape room! Wine tasting), we don’t think you’ll ever be bored.
- Nice People: We have a “no a**hole policy”. We only hire nice people who treat each other with respect. We are ONE team and act as such. Everyone here has a memorable story about how a colleague (or the company) went above and beyond to support them in a time of need. As a result, people genuinely like each other and we have folks that work remotely and fly in (or drive several hours) just to hang out with their colleagues/friends.
- Seat at the Table: We do not believe in artificial hierarchies. If you’re part of the team, you get a seat at the table. This includes unfiltered access to our C-Suite and regular updates about the business and its performance. Which, btw, is through the roof, so it’s a great time to be joining…