Sales Engineer - NL
Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsApply Now
Contentstack is looking for a stellar Sales Engineer to join our winning sales team!
Our Sales Engineers perform a pivotal role in all of our most high profile deals and are so much more than just an assist to sales! You must be completely comfortable with end-to-end pre-sales skills and an expert at qualifying and managing opportunities alongside an Account Executive. You have incredible listening skills and build trust and “wow” stakeholders with your ability to translate client business needs into functional and technical requirements. If this sounds like you and you want to grow, learn and delight our customers with awesome technology along the way, we might just have your next dream job for you!
Who We Are
Contentstack™ combines the best of Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) technology. It enables enterprises to manage content across all digital channels and create inimitable digital experiences. Contentstack pioneered the headless CMS category and combines content infrastructure with the industry's #1 integration capabilities to deliver a best-in-class Content Experience Platform (CXP). Renowned for earning the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, Contentstack has been recognized as the leading innovator in the Dynamic Experience Management category. The Contentstack platform was designed from the ground up for large-scale, complex, and mission-critical deployments. It is the preferred API-first CMS for SAP customers.
- Provide overall pre-sales leadership and support for new and existing customers.
- Actively participate in client meetings and presentations with Account Executives to identify technical requirements.
- Confirm that Contentstack meets a prospect's requirements and provide technical expertise to the overall sales qualification process.
- Articulate and demonstrate solutions, influence customer's technical requirements, and position products relative to the competition.
- Ownership of all pre-sales documentation and technical lead on client proposals and questionnaires, such as RFIs, RFPs and SOWs.
- Communicate new and trending client needs and potential, emerging market opportunities to product and engineering teams and influence product roadmaps.
- Listen to and make it a mission to thoroughly understand what a customer is trying to achieve. Never pre-suppose or assume an answer or pre-determine solutions.
- Work with Account Executives, Engineering and Customer Support teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers.
- Ideate, create and demonstrate relevant product use cases and meaningful client scenarios featuring Contentstack to prospects and customers. Basically, your demos are jaw-droppers.
- Help customers design and identify POC’s and provide support throughout the evaluation process.
- Travel, as needed, to industry events, prospects and partner sites.
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge.
- Work with the implementation partners throughout the sales process and assist with documentation to successfully scope and size client engagements that include a combination of Contentstack and partner technologies and services.
- Proven track record of selling, building and deploying technology solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and broker communication between different parts of a client’s or prospect’s organization. Translate between business and technical discussions.
- Comfortable with enterprise SaaS sales processes and tools.
- Expert in SaaS business applications, CMS, marketing automation, business analytics.
- Experience designing and presenting technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical sales support experience.
- Dedicated follow-through and accountability, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; professional presentation skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Natural multi-tasker and inherent grace under pressure. Not fazed dealing with tight deadlines. Can-do attitude!
- Quick to pick up and understand new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or equivalent four-year college technical degree.
- 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer in enterprise software.
- Experienced selling enterprise SaaS software to IT.
- In-depth knowledge of APIs, microservices and popular web technologies is a must.
- BIG PLUS if you have experience with the content management industry or related industries such as commerce or marketing stack
What We Offer
- Interesting Work: This is NOT your boring, routine, cushy, rest-and-vest big company job. This is the “challenge yourself” kind of job where you learn something new everyday and never stop growing.
- Competitive Compensation: We reward your hard work and high performance. #sweathardretireyoung.
- Bragging Rights: We work with the most prestigious brands, from big name retailers, to airlines, to professional sports teams. Your contribution will make an impact with many of the most recognizable names in almost every industry. From the Miami HEAT to Dreamforce to Vegas (!) – our team gets backstage access that will make your friends FEEL the FOMO.
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter checks, etc. – we’ve got you covered.
- Entertainment: With spontaneous office happy hours to organized team outings (Karaoke! Escape room! Wine tasting), we don’t think you’ll ever be bored.
- Nice People: We have a “no a**hole policy”. We only hire nice people who treat each other with respect. We are ONE team and act as such. Everyone here has a memorable story about how a colleague (or the company) went above and beyond to support them in a time of need. As a result, people genuinely like each other and we have folks that work remotely and fly in (or drive several hours) just to hang out with their colleagues/friends.
- Seat at the Table: We do not believe in artificial hierarchies. If you’re part of the team, you get a seat at the table. This includes unfiltered access to our C-Suite and regular updates about the business and its performance. Which, btw, is through the roof, so it’s a great time to be joining…
Contentstack is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.