Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Contentstack is looking for an incredible product manager who can represent and champion our award-winning platform and be the liaison between our engineering and business teams, our customers and our partners. This is a rare opportunity to “own” a product that is already proven in the industry and maintains its leading edge through relentless innovation. It’s also a chance to partner with one of the most talented engineering teams in the industry and truly drive the product’s future direction and evolution. If you’re enthusiastic, self-driven and a top performer looking for an opportunity to join an innovative, fun and fast-paced team where your contributions will have a meaningful impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Who We Are
Honored with the prestigious “Cool Vendor” award by Gartner and named the most innovative company in its category by Aragon Research, Contentstack has set sights on enabling the future of digital content management. We are taking on traditional CMS vendors to become the preferred platform for enterprises creating next-generation digital experiences. Having secured its first ever round of funding, Contentstack is now looking for high performers who can accelerate its growth from fast to lightspeed. Contentstack is led by the same Dream Team that built the award-winning Built.io platform and brand which was recently acquired by digital transformation powerhouse Software AG.
- Set Contentstack’s product vision and strategy and guide the success of the platform by leading the cross-functional P-Team that is responsible for improving it.
- Bridge functions within the company and align marketing, sales, customer success and support teams to coordinate all of the activities required to bring the product to market.
- Partner closely with our in-house engineering to prioritize features and be the steward for Contentstack’s product roadmap. Note that our engineering team is located in India so we are looking for people who are comfortable working outside standard US business hours.
- Define the release process with engineering and manage all product releases.
- Steer the product to new heights by generating, developing, and curating new ideas.
- Partner with marketing around content development and provide deep domain knowledge to refine Contentstack’s messaging and campaigns.
- Become Contentstack’s overall and all-around subject matter expert and participate as such in press and analyst briefings, on webinars, in podcasts and at trade shows.
- Partner closely with sales and customer success teams, participate in high profile customer engagements and help funnel feedback into product planning.
- Build amazing demos with cutting edge technology to show off Contentstack’s capabilities in realistic customer scenarios.
- Identify CMS industry and technology trends and their significance to Contentstack.
- Conduct competitive research to keep us a step ahead of the competition and contribute content for competitive sales and marketing campaigns.
- Liaise with technology partners to pursue compelling joint solutions, reference architectures and content.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager for enterprise software (ideally SaaS) products.
- Extensive experience with agile development practices and modern product management tools. Direct experience with Zoho and productboard are a big plus!
- Ideally, a CMS expert but, at the very least, close familiarity with CMS terminology and tools, such as WordPress, Drupal and Adobe Experience Manager. Knowledge of headless CMS, ideally prior CMS vendor experience and an understanding of the Digital Experience Platform space with all the buzzwords, pros and cons etc.
- Excellent overall communicator with strong writing skills.
- The ability to be a team player as well as to clearly articulate, educate, engage, inspire, influence, and make people smile.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
What We Offer
- Interesting Work: This is NOT your boring, routine, cushy, rest-and-vest big company job. This is the “challenge yourself” kind of job where you learn something new everyday and never stop growing.
- Competitive Compensation: We reward your hard work and high performance. #sweathardretireyoung.
- Bragging Rights: We work with the most prestigious brands, from big name retailers, to airlines, to professional sports teams. Your contribution will make an impact with many of the most recognizable names in almost every industry. From the Miami HEAT to Dreamforce to Vegas (!) – our team gets backstage access that will make your friends FEEL the FOMO.
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter checks, etc. – we’ve got you covered.
- Entertainment: With spontaneous office happy hours to organized team outings (Karaoke! Escape room! Wine tasting), we don’t think you’ll ever be bored.
- Nice People: We have a “no a**hole policy”. We only hire nice people who treat each other with respect. We are ONE team and act as such. Everyone here has a memorable story about how a colleague (or the company) went above and beyond to support them in a time of need. As a result, people genuinely like each other and we have folks that work remotely and fly in (or drive several hours) just to hang out with their colleagues / friends.
- Seat at the Table: We do not believe in artificial hierarchies. If you’re part of the team, you get a seat at the table. This includes unfiltered access to our C-Suite and regular updates about the business and its performance. Which, btw, is through the roof, so it’s a great time to be joining…