Lead Web / Frontend Developer - US
Location: San Diego, Los Angeles or Orange County, CaliforniaApply Now
Contentstack is looking for a skilled individual to lead frontend development for global marketing initiatives. The Web/Frontend Developer will assist the marketing and creative teams and collaborate with multiple departments within the company, including visual/web designers and content producers to create compelling digital experiences on Contentstack.com. Projects include developing designs, designing and creating web pages using HTML/CSS and React, designing and troubleshooting emails, utilizing current trends in UI and UX standards to support the visual designs. The ideal candidate is a thoughtful developer who listens well, doesn’t take him/herself too seriously, and brings out the best in others.
Who We Are
Contentstack combines the best of Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) technology. It enables enterprises to manage content across all digital channels and create inimitable digital experiences. Contentstack pioneered the headless CMS category and combines content infrastructure with the industry's #1 integration capabilities to deliver a best-in-class Content Experience Platform (CXP). Renowned for earning the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, Contentstack has been recognized as the leading innovator in the Dynamic Experience Management category. The Contentstack platform was designed from the ground up for large-scale, complex, and mission-critical deployments. Recently recognized as the Gartner PeerInsights Customers' Choice for WCM, Contentstack is the preferred API-first, headless CMS for enterprises across the globe. Enterprise customers include Chase, Cisco, Shell, Walmart, Express, Riot Games, IcelandAir, Morningstar, and more.
- Build and maintain all Contenstack web presence
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Building out pages and web apps to support marketing campaigns and needs
- Bug fixes and feature additions
- Maintain and scale web applications
- Communicate at a high-level with various teams and stakeholders
- Maintain the team's budget, project strategies, and timelines
- Assist with planning, code reviews, testing, and documentation
- Collaborate with designers, developers, devops engineers, and architecture teams to meet deadlines
- Roadmap logistics for future quarters
- Guide the team through the development lifecycle and set expectations for needs and deliverables
- Responsible for all tracking, optimization, and testing technologies implemented on the site
- Familiar with technical SEO best practices
- 3+ years of professional front end development experience
- A degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Modern web languages, HTML, CSS, React
- Strong sense of self-direction and understanding of project management
- Comfort using modern web testing frameworks
- Ability to work effectively and with various teams throughout the organization
- Flexibility to handle the demands of a rapidly growing and changing workplace
- Strong coding for SEO and ADA foundation
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Headless CMS
- RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of Github and Zeplin
- Working with and/or managing an overseas team
- Development Lifecycles, Agile & SCRUM
- AWS Services
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Server-side rendering
What We Offer
- Interesting Work: This is NOT your boring, routine, cushy, rest-and-vest big company job. This is the “challenge yourself” kind of job where you learn something new every day and never stop growing.
- Compelling Comp: This isn’t rest-and-vest. This is #sweathardretireyoung. Competitive compensation, bonuses and a corporate equity plan reward hard work and high performance.
- Bragging Rights: We work with the most prestigious brands, from big-name retailers, to airlines, to professional sports teams. Your contribution will make an impact with many of the most recognizable names in almost every industry. From the Miami HEAT to Dreamforce to Vegas – our team gets backstage access that will make your friends FEEL the FOMO.
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter checks, etc. – we’ve got you covered.
- Entertainment: With spontaneous office happy hours to organized team outings (Karaoke, Escape room, Wine tasting), we don’t think you’ll ever be bored.
- Nice People: We have a “no a**hole policy”. We only hire nice people who treat each other with respect. We are ONE team and act as such. Everyone here has a memorable story about how a colleague (or the company) went above and beyond to support them in a time of need. As a result, people genuinely like each other and we have folks that work remotely and fly in (or drive several hours) just to hang out with their colleagues/friends.
- Seat at the Table: We do not believe in artificial hierarchies. If you’re part of the team, you get a seat at the table. This includes unfiltered access to our C-Suite and regular updates about the business and its performance. Which, btw, is through the roof, so it’s a great time to be joining…