Controller - US
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaApply Now
Contentstack, along with our sister companies Raw Engineering and Surfboard Ventures, is seeking an experienced Controller who will lead our accounting operations. As Controller, you will lead the accounting, financial reporting, planning and tax activities for each of our companies. This position will also oversee our accounting team in India, provide technical accounting expertise, lead the day to day accounting operations in the US and provide a roadmap for growth as we scale. A successful candidate must have extensive experience with a SaaS company and experience with companies providing professional services. Strong leadership skills are required, but this is also a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves environment. This role reports to the CFO and will be based in our San Francisco office.
Who We Are
Contentstack™ combines the best of Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) technology. It enables enterprises to manage content across all digital channels and create inimitable digital experiences. Contentstack pioneered the headless CMS category and combines content infrastructure with the industry's #1 integration capabilities to deliver a best-in-class Content Experience Platform (CXP). Renowned for earning the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, Contentstack has been recognized as the leading innovator in the Dynamic Experience Management category. The Contentstack platform was designed from the ground up for large-scale, complex, and mission-critical deployments. It is the preferred API-first CMS for SAP customers.
Raw Engineering is a forward-thinking, API-driven software technology services company headquartered in San Francisco specializing in mobile / web app development and DevOps. We are the engine behind the Miami HEAT, Sacramento Kings, and Atlanta Hawks mobile applications. We are a trusted partner for many large enterprises, including VMware, Elastic, 8x8, ARM, Pella, and the NBA.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing and directing all accounting functions and controls including revenue recognition, account reconciliations, consolidation of international operations and month-end close.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the financial statements and other information in accordance with US GAAP.
- Act as the primary interface with the company's external auditors to help facilitate the timely and efficient completion of audits.
- Working as a business partner to the leadership teams to provide internal reporting and analysis regarding business activities.
- Establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and controls to verify the integrity of systems and data.
- Ensuring that effective controls are in place for compliance with GAAP, international and local regulatory laws and tax reporting.
- Overseeing the activities of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and payroll functions with a view to continuous improvement.
- Working with outside resources to ensure timely and accurate compliance with all laws and regulations relating to income, sales/use, franchise and other taxes applicable to the company.
- Evaluating the current financial systems and recommending and leading any potential changes as we grow.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of accounting and management experience including experience in an ASC-606 compliant SaaS environment.
- Experience with international operations and consolidation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and a bias for action.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to use those skills to influence and drive change.
- Excellent technical accounting, verbal, and written communication skills to explain results and proposals across varying levels of experience within the organization.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Big 4 or large national firm audit experience.
- CPA license preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, consolidation and currency exchange. NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Budgeting experience and utilization of budgeting tools.
- Management experience and the ability to work with teams across multiple subsidiaries and locations.
What We Offer
- Interesting Work: This is NOT your boring, routine, cushy, rest-and-vest big company job. This is the “challenge yourself” kind of job where you learn something new every day and never stop growing.
- Bragging Rights: We work with the most prestigious brands, from big-name retailers to airlines, to professional sports teams. Your contribution will make an impact with many of the most recognizable names in almost every industry. From the Miami HEAT to Dreamforce to Vegas (!) – our team gets backstage access that will make your friends FEEL the FOMO.
- Benefits: Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter checks, etc. – we’ve got you covered.
- Entertainment: With spontaneous office happy hours to organized team outings (Karaoke! Escape room! Wine tasting), we don’t think you’ll ever be bored.
- Nice People: We have a “no a**hole policy”. We only hire nice people who treat each other with respect. We are ONE team and act as such. Everyone here has a memorable story about how a colleague (or the company) went above and beyond to support them in a time of need. As a result, people genuinely like each other and we have folks that work remotely and fly in (or drive several hours) just to hang out with their colleagues/friends.
- Seat at the Table: We do not believe in artificial hierarchies. If you’re part of the team, you get a seat at the table. This includes unfiltered access to our C-Suite and regular updates about the business and its performance. Which, btw, is through the roof, so it’s a great time to join.